Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Politicians and the City

I wrote to some of the contestants in the Vancouver-Burrard byelection (Arthur Griffith, Spencer Herbert and Ian McLeod.) We shall see who responds. They want my vote, but can they or will they do anything for a citizen who has serious issues with the City?

The more I deal with this matter, the more I have come to realize that all these elections are almost worthless for us the taxpayers. We don't often come into contact with the Mayors office or the various councillers. However, we need to deal with City Hall, and thats where the problem lies. These people are not elected, they don't really have strong oversight and they are not accountable to anyone.

Update: The only one to respond was Spencer Herbert, so I thouugh I generally vote Conservative, he got my vote!

No comments:

Counter